Limestone College in Gaffney, S.C., will break ground this month on a $4 million renovation of the Winnie Davis Hall of History. It was built in 1904, but after falling into disrepair, it was deemed unsafe and closed by the college in 1977. The restoration would result in six wireless multimedia classrooms for history and honors courses, three museums and galleries, and several faculty offices. A separate tower will be added on the west side of Winnie Davis to contain an elevator and restroom facilities necessary to meet building code requirements. A kitchen area will be added for catering meetings and receptions. The architect is Campbell Meek and Associates Architects.
To read more on the college's web site, click here.