From The Biloxi Sun-Herald: St. John the Evangelist Catholic High School in Gulfport, Miss., closed three years ago, and now the Catholic Diocese of Biloxi plans to tear down the building. The school property was put up for sale after it closed, but the diocese didn’t get any offers. St. John originally was St. Francis de Sales School, which opened Sept. 10, 1900, with 30 students. Fire destroyed that building in 1941, and the new school was named St. John the Evangelist School. St. John closed in 2007 when St. Patrick High School opened in Biloxi.