The mother of a 13-year-old girl who attended St. Paul the Apostle School in Richardson, Texas, has sued the Catholic Diocese of Dallas after she was severely burned when a science fair project ignited. According to the lawsuit, Haley Avery and her friend were working on the science project at home when the incident occurred in February. The experiment went wrong when Haley's friend poured denatured alcohol onto a flame, and it flared up and caught Haley's sweater on fire. She was severely burned on her arms, torso, neck and face. The suit contends that the school should have overseen the students' experiments more effectively.