From The Los Angeles Times: Ten students were injured inside a Torrance, Calif., classroom when a gas-operated, portable stove exploded. The explosion at North High School occurred during a lunchtime fundraiser for UNICEF. Students were cooking for the fundraiser when the accident occurred. Investigators believe the cause of the fire was related to gas leaking from a butane or propane canister used to heat one of three portable stoves used in the classroom. All 10 students, some of whom were burned on their necks, faces and hands, were taken to local hospitals. Several of the injuries were considered serious.