UPDATE....from The New Haven Register: Michele Dufault died when her hair got caught in a lathe, a piece of machinery that spins very quickly, and it pulled her in, sources say. The state medical examiner’s office reported that Dufault died from accidental asphyxia by neck compression.
From Yale Daily News: A student at Yale University in New Haven, Conn., has died in an apparent accident in a chemistry lab machine shop. Michele Dufault was an astronomy and physics major from Massachusetts. The accident occurred in Sterling Chemistry Laboratory.