What is in this article?:
- Top 10 Design Ideas for School of the 21st Century
- Idea: Classroom for Facilitation
- Idea: Flexible Learning Environments
- Idea: Flexible Technology Areas
- Idea: Generic Lab Module
- Idea: Integration of Community and School
- Idea: Real-World Campus
- Idea: Schools as Community Resources
- Idea: School-Within-A-School
- Idea: Technology Integration
- Idea: Transforming Instructional Spaces
Tips for planning and designing today's schools to provide flexible and conducive learning environments well into the future.
What will today's schools require to accommodate tomorrow's students and technologies?
How will future teaching and learning styles translate into today's school facilities?
What will tomorrow's learning spaces look like?
What should be included in schools of the future?
These and other questions plague educational administrators as they plan and design today's schools with an eye on ensuring that facilities provide flexible and conducive learning environments well into the future.
American School & University posed these questions to some of the nation's leading educational architecture firms, asking them to provide one idea or concept that schools of the 21st century should include or consider. What follows are 10 ideas anticipated to play an important role in the design of future school facilities: