The Aspen Institute has named 10 community colleges as finalists for the 2013 Aspen Prize, which honors community colleges for outstanding performance and outstanding improvements.
The finalists are:
- Brazosport College, Lake Jackson, Texas
- Broward College, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- College of the Ouachitas, Malvern, Ark.
- Kingsborough Community College - City University of New York, Brooklyn
- Lake Area Technical Institute, Watertown, S.D.
- Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Santa Fe College, Gainesville, Fla.
- Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College, Cumberland, Ky.
- Walla Walla Community College, Walla Walla, Wash.
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College, Paducah, Ky.
The institute will gather extensive additional data about each finalist, including employment and earnings outcomes for each college's graduates. A jury will select a grand prize winner in March 2013.